6/26/2007

Celebrating Women's Day!

A note with a poem arrived from a friend's friend in Calcutta, reminding me to take a pause and celebrate the worth of all women today March 8, 2007! So I took a full breath mindfully and felt a deep sacred bond with all my spiritual sisters across time-space of many cultures and history. A great sense of freedom and joy engulfed me! I felt truely happy to be who I am, no longer needing the validation of my worth from my children, spouse, family, in-laws, relatives, friends, work, career, accomplishments or social expectations or anything external to me, including the neediness to have a man around and it feels great just to be fully who I am….the whole me smiling as the golden Sun peeping through the window on my face. God must have a sense of humor!

The Woman

When God made woman late on the 6th day
An angel asked, “Why spend so much time on her”
And God answered

"Just observe the details I use to make her"


“She must endure, but unlike plastic, she must survive on all kinds of food, and able to embrace different kids at same time, give a hug that heal anything from a bruised knee to a broken heart and do all this with just two hands”.

The angel was impressed. “Just two hands….impossible! Too much work for a day!" Just wait till I finish”, said the Lord. “I am so close to complete this creation,
which will be the favourite of my heart"

“She cures herself when sick and she can work 18 hours a day
”.

“But you have made her so soft, Lord” “She is soft”, said the Lord,
“But I have also made her strong. You can’t imagine what she can endure and overcome."

“Can she think?” the angel asked. “Not only can she think, she can reason and negotiate.” the lord answered. The angel touched the woman'sn cheek...
“Lord, it seems this creation is leaking! You have put too many burdens on her.”
“She is not leaking….it’s a tear” the lord corrected the angel,
“Tears are her way of expressing grief, her doubts,
her love, her loneliness, her suffering and her pride.”

This made a big impression on the angel; “Lord, you are genius. You thought of everything.
The woman is indeed marvellous! Indeed she is! Woman has strengths that amazes man. She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens.
She holds happiness, love and opinions. She smiles when feeling like screaming.

She sings when she feels like crying, crys when she is happy and laughs when she is afraid.
She fights for what she feels in her heart and s
tands up against injustice. She doesn’t take “no” for an answer, when she can see a better solution. She gives herself so
her family can thrive. She takes her friend to the doctor if she is afraid.

Her love is unconditional

She cries when her kids are victorious. She is happy when her friends do well.
She is glad when she hears of a birth or a wedding. Her heart is broken when a next of kin or friend dies. But she finds the strength to get on with life.
She knows that a kiss and a hug can heal a broken heart.

There is only One thing Wrong with her

She forgets what she is worth…

and her silent role in Human Evolution

and Evolutionary Enlightenment Now!


Here's more on International woman's Day

Please share it with women you love. Thank you.